Saturday, October 8, 2011

SEMANA 10 : DEL 10 AL 14 DE OCTUBRE (FROM OCTOBER 10TH TO 14TH)

Estudiantes:
*** Students: Please bring the permission slip signed by your parents to see the movie


Can you believe it? The first quarter officially ended last week. Grades were due last Friday. Most of you must be very proud of what you have accomplished so far.  Here some students' reflections on their work of the first unit:

         " I think that in this chapter 1 the hardest thing was memorizing the vocabulary. I struggle until we did page 65 and I did a lot better. The easiest thing was the poem. I had a lot of fun doing that. I learned a lot about my house, poetry, vocabulary and Hispanic Heritage" - Cameron F. (1st Period-7th grade)
           " I think I did great because I understood everything in this chapter. All of the topics were easy for me because this is my native language. There were no hard topics for me because I payed close atention. I learned how to spell numbers, seasons, body parts, and other words we talked about.
I want to improve  in how putting the "tildes" on words. - Francelly R. (6th period - 6th grade)

           "I think I did very good considering I got a 100% on the test. The easy topics for me were the numbers and the letters. The most difficult topic for me was answering the questions after reading the paragraphs. I learned a lot more things in just this unit than my whole 5th grade year last year. I think I need to improve most on is understanding the paragraphs and interpreting them to my thought" - Chayton (5th Period - 6th grade)
Last week we also had our first unit test and the project was due on October 7th. I am sure you have turned it in.We also have started the second unit, and it seems as exciting as the first one.

Hispanic Heritage Month is coming to the end. The entire school will get together to celebrate it with a special program on Friday, October 14. There will be poems, songs, videos and a lot of fun. Disfrutenlo!!!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
* October 10 - 11 No class
* October 14 Celebration Hispanic Heritage Month
* October 14 Homework w/sheet #3 is due

Semana #10 Del 10 al 14 de octubre
7th /8th Grade
Periods: 1, 2, 3
UNIT 2: Ecuador 
Lesson 1: Una fiesta en casa

MYP UNIT QUESTIONS:
How can I identify my responsibilities as a member of a family and citizen? / How do I learn from others?
GEORGIA PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
NLRL1.INT1E: Expand knowledge of academic vocabulary in the native language
NLRL1.IP1A: Express needs and desires
NLRL1.IP1B: Express emotions and preferences
NLRL1.IP2A:Participate in extended oral and written activities using the appropriate tenses and discourse structures
NLRL1.IP2E: Demonstrate Intermediate- Mid to Intermediate High proficiency in oral and written changes with respect to pronunciation, intonation, and writing mechanics
MLI.CCC3A: Recognize similarities/ differences between target language and English
TOPICS:
Irregular verbs : Tener
Some Stem changing verbs
 Affirmative “Tu” command
Interrogative words

Actividades:
      - New vocabulary practice
      - Movie "Casi casi"
      - Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month
      
      Tarea (hw): W/sheet #3 Gente Famosa: Write a three line paragraph about famous Hispanic people.
6th Grade
Period :5 and 6
UNIT 2: MIS AMIGOS Y YO
Lesson 1: ¿Qué te gusta hacer?
Lesson 2: ¿y tú como eres?

MYP UNIT QUESTIONS:
What are some favourite activities of others taking into account cultural perspectives? / What common activities do we share with others?

GEORGIA PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
MLI.IP1B: Express like/ dislikes, emotions, and agreement/disagreement
MLI.IP1C: Make simple request
MLI.IP1E: Give simple description
MLI.CU1C: Describe cultural customs and traditions
NLRL1.INT1D: Expand knowledge of academic vocabulary in the native language
NLRL1.P1D: Demonstrate Intermediate-Mid to Intermediate-High proficiency in oral and written presentations with respect to pronunciation, intonation, and writing mechanics
TOPICS:

Vocabulary: Verbs
Verb “ Gustar”
Adjectives
Definite / indefinite articles

Actividades:
- New vocabulary practice
- Movie: "Casi Casi"
- Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month
      Tarea (hw): W/sheet #3 Gente Famosa: Write a three line paragraph about famous Hispanic people follow the model given



PLEASE BE KIND TO EACH OTHER
AND PROTECT ANIMALS, THEY NEED US!!!
Espero que tengan una buena semana
Have a good week!!!

No comments:

SEMANA 39: DEL 11 AL 15 DE MAYO- WEEK 39: FROM MAY 11 TO 15 2020

OCTAVA SEMANA VIRTUAL                                                                                                                ...